In this article i will teach you how you can register and make payment for MDCN annual practicing license
2. creates a portal account/ access for a doctor with the doctor’s folio number, full name, and e-mail address.
3. An automatic information from the MDCN is then sent to the registered e-mail address on how to proceed.
4. click on the link as shown in the e-mail received to supply a personal password and login to your profile with the MDCN.
5. you can also go to www.mdcn.gov.ng, click on ‘sign in’, click on ‘reset password’, supply your email address and click on reset password to submit, then check your mail and follow the link from the automatic mail you will receive from the MDCN to type in your password.
6. Click on your name to access the general registration form.
7. Click on the ‘edit’ button and fill the Personal, Educational, Registration and Employment sections of the form where it applies to you
8. Double click on the box beside your name to upload a passport size photograph of yourself.
9. Click on ‘Attachment’ at the top of your form; then click ‘Add’ to upload attachments if any.
10. Click on ‘save’ button to retain the changes.
Method of paymens
Note: all fees for services at the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) must be paid through either of the following channels:
1. through Web Portal at portal.mdcn.gov.ng
2. Through the Remita Payment Platform at www.remita.net
Any registered Practitioner who pays in cash through person(s) or other un-authorised means does so at his or her own risk.
Paying through MDCN Portal:
- click on my license
- click on Pay for Annual License
- you will see two option i. “Add payment Via RRR” if you already paid through remita ii. Proceed to online payment to pay with your Debit card (master card or visa card)
Paying through remita platform
1). Go to www.remita.net
2). Select ‘Pay a Federal Government Agency’
3). Fill the form as follows:
- Name of MDA (select): Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Name of Service/Purpose (select ): Practicing fee
- Amount to Pay (N) (type): the amount you are to pay
- Payer’s Full Name (type): Your full name
- Payer’s Email (type): Your e-mail
- Payer’s Phone (type): Your phone number.
4). Continue by following the screen information to complete your payment.
Note: you can print the page containing the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number generated through the process and take it to any Commercial Bank for payment or choose to continue making payment through ATM card by selecting CARD payment option.