The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has announced nationwide recruitment into the service for the year 2019.
The Acting Deputy Comptroller-General of Customs in charge of Human Resources Department, Umar Sanusi, had disclosed that 800 applicants would be recruited to fill vacancies in the Support Staff for Superintendent Cadre Category and that 2,400 would fill that of Customs Inspector and Customs Assistant Cadre in the General Duty Categories.
The portal www.vacancy.customs.gov.ng has opened for 3,200 Nigerians to be recruited during the exercise.
Eligibility For Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019
To apply, you must fulfil the following criteria:
1. Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen by birth
2. Applicants must have completed secondary school (O level) or higher education depending on the position been applied
3. Applicant must be within the age brackets of 18-35 years
4. Prisoners are excluded from the Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment 2019.
5. Applicants must be mentally fit and health fit.
Qualifications For Customs Recruitment 2019
Below are the qualifications all applicants need before applying for the Nigeria Customs Service recruitment 2019:
1. Be a Nigerian Citizen by birth or descent
2. Not be less than 1.7 metres in height, for male and 1.64 metres for female.
3. Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres, male.
4. Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in Service
5. Not be suffering from any form of physical or mental disability
6. Be free from any form of financial embarrassment
7. Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offense
8. Present a certificate of state of origin signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. Certificates endorsed by Liaison officers are unacceptable.
The Nigeria Customs Service recruitment portal opened midnight of April 17, 2019, at exactly 2:50am and is expected to be open for just three weeks for all positions.
How To Apply For Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2019
All applicants must visit the Nigeria Customs Service website via www.vacancy.customs.gov.ng to start the application.
However, note the following before you apply:
NOTE: Any certificate or Qualification not Declared or Tendered and Accepted during application shall not be acceptable after the recruitment exercise
You are hereby warned:
1. You should Ensure to submit documents that are required by the cadre you are applying for. (Eg. Don’t use Bachelor’s degree for Inspectorate cadre).
2. Do not submit more than one application. You will be disqualified.
Assistant Inspector (Support Staff) – CONSOL 06
Assistant Inspector (General Duty) – CONSOL 06
Customs Assistant (Support Staff) Grade 11 – CONSOL 04
Assistant Superintendent of Customs II (Support Staff) – CONSOL 08
Customs Assistant (General Duty) – CONSOL 04
Customs Assistant (General Duty) – CONSOL 03
Customs Assistant (Support Staff) – CONSOL 03
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Follow these steps carefully to ensure a successful application:
- Click Here to Start Application
- Select your preferred Cadre: “Inspectorate Cadre”
- The Inspectorate Cadre are:
- Mid-Level officers comprising of Assistant Inspectors of Customs.
- Applicants who possess ND/NCE obtained from accredited Polytechnics in any of the listed fields of study in the cadre.
- Applicants that are aged 18 – 25years
- Read and understand Job function requirements to ensure that you are qualified and then proceed by clicking “APPLY FOR THIS JOB”
- Complete the registration form by selecting your job function and basic information
- Click and read through the Terms and Conditions on the link provided and check the box beside the link to confirm that you have read and understood the terms. Then confirm you are not a robot and click the APPLY button.
- Any certificate or Qualification not Declared or Tendered and Accepted during application shall not be acceptable after recruitment exercise
- You are hereby warned:
- You should Ensure to submit documents that are required by the cadre you are applying for.(Eg. Don’t use Bachelor’s degree for Inspectorate cadre)
- Do not submit more than one application. You will be disqualified.