- FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
(a) DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACEUTICAL MICROBIOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
PGD, M.Pharm, M.Sc, Ph.D PROGRAMMES IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
Bacteriology; Virology; Mycology; Parasitology; Immunology; Infectious diseases and Antibiotic resistance; Genetic engineering and Bioinformatices; Sterile Technology.
The following shall qualify for Postgraduate Diploma admission:
- Graduates of pharmacy and related disciplines in University of Nigeria or other recognized universities who have obtained a Bachelor’s degree with a CGPA not less than 2.00 on a 5-point scale or its equivalent.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) holders or its equivalent, in related disciplines from recognized institutions who have obtained an HND, with at least an Upper Credit. Related disciplines as mentioned above include: Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine, Medicine, Medical Laboratory Science, Parasitology, Zoology etc.
The following shall qualify for the Master of Pharmacy degree admission:
Graduates of University of Nigeria or other recognized universities who have obtained a B.Pharm degree with a CGPA not less than 2.50 on a 5-point scale or its equivalent.
The following shall qualify for the M.Sc admission:
Graduates of University of Nigeria or other recognized universities who have obtained an approved Bachelors degree in related disciplines such as Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine, Medicine, Medical Laboratory Science, Parasitology, Zoology etc, with at least a second class honours (lower division) with a CGPA not less than 2.50 0n a 5-point scale or its equivalent.
Candidate with appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities with at least a 3.50 CGPA on a 5-point scale (Upper Credit).
Candidate must possess a good Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Microbiology or its equivalents from University of Nigeria or from a recognized universities, with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.0 points scale.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Forms can be obtained ONLINE on payment of a non-refundable fee ofN25,000.00 (Twenty five thousand naira only) made payable to “The University of Nigeria Postgraduate Application Fees Account, at any bank within the country using the Remita platform.
Applicants should log onto www.unn.edu.ng and follow the procedures stated below:
- Click on UNN Portal or through this link unnportal.unn.edu.ng.
- Click on PG Application form to generate invoice for payment.
- Use your phone number to generate the invoice. You are advised to use a functional number to enable us reach you for the admission screening test.
- Proceed to any Bank with Remita platform for payment.
- Return to the UNN Portal with your payment confirmation pin from the Bank and follow the procedure for completing the form.
When completing the application form, the candidates shall supply the email addresses of their referees through which a link will be sent to the Referees with request to complete the Report Form in respect of the candidate and submit online. The candidate shall download the three (3) completed Referee Report Forms and enclose them in an envelop for submission to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies along with their online application forms. Please note that applications would not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
Candidate should download transcript request forms (D2) also provided online, and submit to their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka” to reach him/her not later than 30thJune, 2019. Candidates whose transcripts are not received on or before the deadline by the School shall not have their application forms processed.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Most information required would be completed online. However, a copy of the online completed application form should be downloaded and printed. The printed application form with the relevant documents as listed below should be posted or delivered to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, for Nsukka based faculties. Candidates for Enugu Campus based faculties are to submit their application forms by post or deliver them to the Deputy Registrar, School of Postgraduate Unit, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus. For ease of reference, Enugu Campus based faculties and Institutes/Centre are: Business Administration; Environmental Studies; Health Sciences & Technology; Law; Basic Medical Sciences; Medical Sciences; Institute for Development Studies (IDS); Institute of Maritime Studies; Institute of Maternal and Child Health; Institute of Public Health and Centre for Environmental Management & Control (CEMAC). Candidates are advised to ensure that the following documents are enclosed in the file:
- Copies of their qualifying certificates/statements of result and NYSC discharge certificate (Exemption or Exclusion Certificate). Note that To Whom It May Concern shall not be accepted in lieu.
- Two copies of the Application summary form (D3) available online should be downloaded & printed:
- (i) One copy of the printed summary form (D3) should be glued very neatly (NOT STAPLED) on a 10” X 15” brown envelope;
- (ii) The second copy of the printed summary form (D3) should be glued very neatly (NOT STAPLED) on a 9” X 13” white file jacket;
- All accompanying documents should be placed in the file jacket specified in (b.ii) and the File Jacket should be placed in the brown envelope as specified in (b.i) above.
All documents must fit into the 10” X 15” envelope and delivered or addressed and sent by courier to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria,Nsukka” and to the Deputy Registrar, School of Postgraduate Studies Unit, Enugu Campus for Enugu Campus-based academic units.
Application closes on 30th April, 2019.
**IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS**
- All applicants will undergo computer based Postgraduate admission screening test.
- Check out for information on screening processes via the UNN Website unn.edu.ng from, Monday 1stJuly, 2019, for your further necessary action.
- Date for the Screening Test: 19th July, 2019.
- NOTE: For Ph.D degree programme, a candidate must have published at least an article from his/her Ph.D Thesis or obtained an acceptance letter from a journal certified by the University of Nigeria, Nsukka as a condition for graduation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE