• Candidates applying to sit for the Primary Fellowship Examinations must be Medical Practitioners who are FULLY registered in Cote D’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Conakry, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Republic of Benin, Mali, Togo, and Burkina-Faso. Candidates must register and pay ONLINE by logging on to
where candidate’s passport photograph, degree certificate and evidence of Full Registration with ‘Medical and Dental Council of their countries will be uploaded. Also, candidates are to print the certification page from the website to be endorsed by the supervising consultant or HOD and UPLOAD the signed certification page along with the other required documents online. Candidates are advised to carefully populate appropriate fields meant for surname and other names. Any error that arises from this may lead to candidate’s disqualification.
• Candidates applying to sit for Membership examination should register and pay’ ONLINE by logging on to
. where required documents are to be uploaded. Membership Examination MWACP candidates must have passed the Primary Examination of the West African College of Physicians or its equivalent and subsequently satisfactorily completed two years of residency training programme as Membership by the relevant Faculty. Candidates are advised to print the Membership and Fellowship Application Form (FORM C.) to be filled and endorsed by candidate, HOD and Fellows accordingly and upload signed Form C page along with your required documents online. Required documents are: Evidence of passed primary examination. Evidence of Registration as a Trainee with WACP. Certificate of training, Exemption Letter. Medical Ethic Course certificate. Revision/Update course certificate. Hard copies of all above documents should also be sent to the College Secretariat along with Log book, Autopsy book, Case books and dissertations. Candidate must have registered for Physician in training immediately on passing Primary and on entering into a training programme in an accredited institution.
• Fellowship Examination candidates must have passed the Membership Examination of WACP and satisfactorily completed the appropriate years of training in an accredited institution. Evidence of attendance of Methodology Course is required. Further details are available in the Prospectus of the College. The College Prospectus is available for sale at the College Secretariat. Copy of evidence of sub-specialty registration, (N146,300), must be uploaded.
NB: Certificate of evidence of attendance of College Sub-specialty Revision course MUST accompany candidate’s application forms.
1. Primary Examination fee – N125,500.00
2. Membership fee – N163,500.00
3. Fellowship fee – N239,500,00
4. Sub-specialty fee – N315,500.00
Additional Practical Examination Fee of N32,300 is payable by Membership and Fellowship candidates in Laboratory Medicine, and Membership candidates in Community Health. THIS IS PAYABLE ONLINE.. ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION FORM, OTHERWISE THE APPLICATION STANDS DISQUALIFIED. Assessor’s fee for Fellowship candidates’ Case Book/Dissertation fee is N47,500 and must be paid via online. Four copies of Dissertation and or Case books must be submitted along with two copies of the approved proposals. All to be saved inside CD re-writable. Candidates should collect their corrected dissertations or casebooks and examiner’s comments immediately after the examination.
MODE OF PAYMENT
All examinations fees are electronically paid.CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR PRIMARY MEMBERSHIP AND FELLOWSHIP EXAMINATIONS SHOULD LOG ON TO
and follow the step by step procedure for online registration Which could be printed as evidence of payment. Bank Draft and Teller are no longer acceptable for examination application.
NOTE: NO REFUND WILL BE ENTERTAINED FOR NON ATTENDANCE AT EXAMINATIONS. Applicants for Accra Centre should pay through Western Union or MoneyGram Money Transfer and call Mr. Okletey on +233275091659 and Mr. Vincent on +233246153624.
a. Attendance of Mandatory Course in Medical Ethics and Revision/Update courses of the College are prerequisites for sitting Membership Examinations. Anticipated attendance/submission of certificates are not accepted.
b. Candidates for the Membership or Fellowship Examinations will be expected to submit hard a copies of their completed Log books, Autopsy Books, Case Books and Dissertations to the College.
c. Submitting altered, falsified or incomplete documents to the West African College of Physicians may be a sufficient cause for the College to ban you from an examination, to terminate your participation in an examination, to withhold and/or invalidate the results of an examination, to withhold award of the Fellowship of the College, to withhold a certificate, to revoke a certificate, or to take other appropriate action. WACP will report findings of irregular behavior to the Medical & Dental Council of the Country where the candidate practices, to other Postgraduate Medical Colleges in the West African Region and to any other organization or individual who, in the judgement of the WACP has a legitimate interest in such information.
d. Code of conduct including dress code for the candidates shall be strictly enforced. The College has zero-tolerance policy to examination malpractices.
e. Change of Examination Centre after submission of application form shall no longer be entertained.
f. Cases of request for change of faculty after submission of application form shall NOT be entertained.
g. Physically challenged applicants are advised to summit an application letter stating their willingness to sit for the Fellowship examination along with their application form.
DEFERMENT OF EXAMINATION AFTER APPLICATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE
Candidates in the third trimester of pregnancy or in the early Postnatal Period may not apply.
Note: For Membership examinations in all faculties of the West African College of Physicians, only candidates who have performed satisfactorily in the theory papers would be allowed to proceed with the rest of the examinations.
The closing date for the submission of completed application forms is Monday 31th December 2018. Candidates for the Fellowship Examination must have submitted their dissertation or case books by the closing date. Lateness in submission of approved dissertation will not be entertained.
Penalty for the late submission of application forms is N76,000.00 for one week and N152,000.00 thereafter for the second week.
NB: APPLICANTS STANDS DISQUALIFIED ONCE HE/SHE DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE COLLEGE AFTER VETTING OF APPLICATION FORMS.
All COMPLETED Application forms must be submitted with:
1. Certificate of FULL registration with the Medical Council of the country (for Primary candidates alone).
2. Photocopy of MBBS Certificate (primary candidates only).
3. Relevant certificates and a copy of completed Log Book and two (2) Autopsy for Lab Medicine candidates. medicalworldnigeria.com
4. Evidence of training since passing Primary and Membership Examinations.
5. Original copy of Certificate of training.
6. Applicants for the Primary Examination are advised to fill the certification page and upload it onto the platform.
7. All Fellowship candidates should upload:
a. Evidence of online payment of Membership Fees N102,600.00 to the college online Account.(College GTB Account number 0028724808).
b. Evidence of payment of Annual dues for Members N30,400.00 (College GTB Account number 0000528491).
8. All application must be online.
9. No hard copies of application will be processed.
It is optional for all laboratory medicine membership candidates to use personal microscopes as may be required.